Terms of Sale
The following words are a free and incomplete translation of the German Conditions of Sale which has exclusive legal force. By participating in the sale all bidders aggree to these conditions of sale:
1. The auctioneer, STAUFFER Auktionen, acts as commissionier of unnamed vendors. Basic currency is Euro for all business.
2. All lots can be extensively inspected and proved before and during the auction. We do not send any itmes for viewing. Every lot in this auction is auctioned off as seen, with any faults, errors of description and imperfections. Catalogue descriptions shall not be considered a promise of quality pursuant to Sect. 459 et seq. of the German Civil Code. Every description is made very conscientiously but without giving any warranty.
03. The auctioneer has the right to separate, rearange, leave out or withdraw any lot without any declaration and has got also the right to exclude persons from the sale when it is necessary without any statement.
4. The bidder's risk are any misunderstandings which result from phone calls, faxes, mail bids and letters.
5. STAUFFER Auktionen assumes no responsibility for any defects or attributs, hidden or patent and shall not be liable for catalogue descriptions, written explanations and any statements on phone or fax.
6. Absentee bids are possible. It is a free and confidential service. Lots will always be bought as cheaply as is consistent with other bids. Use the official bidding form in this catalogue. We won't accept bids signed "best" or "in any case" and not under the catalogue price, which is always the starting price. Order bids can be send by fax oder postal service.
7. Unknown bidders have to show an ID-Card and a bank reference or place a security deposit before the auction. Otherwise STAUFFER Auktionen maybe will not accept this bids.
8. The lots in the sale are knocked down to the highest bidder. The knock down commits the bidder to take the lot and pay for it. The complete amount has to be payed immediatly. Storage and handling charges plus tax will apply on uncollected lots of foreign buyers ten days after the sale.
9. From the moment of knocked down the buyer has every risk of his lots. Lots will only be released after full received payment on his risk and on his behalf. He has to select his method of despatch.
10. In case of successful bidding the buyer has to pay a commission charge and tax to the auction house.
Buyer's premium incl. V.A.T. (not refundable) is payable by the buyer of each lot at a rate of all 25% of the hammer price. STAUFFER Auktionen will accept Checks only by special arrangements. In this case the amount have to cover foreign bank charges.
All bids shall be treated as offers made on the conditions of sale and notices in this catalogue.
Every bidder should take part in the viewing of the auction sale.
For the sale of unsold/remaining lots all conditions of our Terms of Sale apply accordingly.
Place of jurisdiction for all parties is Reutlingen/Germany.